Part time - 20 Hours/Week
Position Summary: To provide administrative support required by the Burke County United Way office. To oversee office procedures and to aid other staff and volunteers. To relate to staff, board, volunteers, donors and public in a courteous manner as a representative of Burke County United Way.
Responsibilities: This list of duties is not meant to be exhaustive or restrictive. Other duties may be added as needed.
General Office Management:
- Greet guests in businesslike manner and offer help to the public as appropriate.
- Prepare, copy, and collate materials and correspondence for board meetings, mailings, presentations, campaigns, reports, and special events.
- Assist with preparation and implementation of special events.
- Serve in a highly collaborative and supportive role to accomplish key projects through teamwork.
- Develop and maintain positive working relationships with community leaders, donors, volunteers, and staff.
- Represent the organization in community groups and committees as required and where appropriate.
- Gain understanding of United Way mission, goals, and philosophies and communicate mission of organization when and where appropriate.
- Maintain awareness of community services available to the public and make appropriate referrals to NC 211.
- Maintain membership information with United Way Worldwide and United Way of North Carolina.
- Follow all internal controls as set forth by the Board of Directors.
- Attend Board of Directors meetings.
- Maintain inventory, equipment, and ordering of supplies.
- Maintain office IT and insurance programs.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Financial & Donor Relations:
- Provide coordination of accounting and budgeting for organization, maintain communication with contract bookkeeper and assist in reconciling financial matters when necessary.
- Manage check writing, bank deposits and petty cash when necessary.
- Manage donor database program.
- Oversee pledge processing, including data entry, designation tracking and reporting, donor acknowledgement letters, tax receipts, and any other donor correspondence.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities: • Excellent interpersonal, and written and oral communication skills • Proven record working with a wide variety of people in diverse situations. • Organized in thought and action. • Demonstrate ability to manage projects. • Must be comfortable accepting leadership and direction from others. • Demonstrate ability to quickly learn new systems and skills as needed. • Proficiency in Microsoft Office programs, Google Drive programs, and QuickBooks • Available for weekend and evening events, as necessary. • Possess a valid driver’s license.
Education Requirements: • High School Education • Associate Degree; in a related field preferred • Related and successful work experience; experience in working with a non-profit preferred.
The Office Manager reports to the Executive Director.
All applications will go through Indeed.com.