3/27/2020 – COVID-19 Donation Relief Fund Established
- Burke County United Way has established the COVID-19 Donation Relief Fund in collaboration with the Community Foundation of Burke County.
- Read the Press Release here.
- Donate to COVID-19 Donation Relief Fund here.
- You can also text RELIEF4BURKE to 313131 to donate.
3/19/2020 – Burke County United Way COVID-19 Response
- The Burke County United Way office currently remains open with some staff in office and some working remotely. We encourage persons wanting to stop by the office to call first to ensure someone is there to receive them.
- We will continue to field calls and access email and voicemail.
- We maintain contact with state emergency management to stay updated on COVID-19.
- We encourage the use of 2-1-1 to call for assistance and resources related to COVID-19. If citizens would like to receive general developments, they should sign up for 211’s text alerts by texting COVIDNC to 898211.
- We urge that all our partner agencies as well as community nonprofits to update their NC211 profile with current information about their services during this time.
- Visit our website at bcuw.org or call our office at 828-433-0681 for more information.
- Staff email:
See our Coronavirus Response Press Release here: NC 2-1-1 to Provide Assistance for COVID-19 (Coronavirus)
Even in these uncertain times, no one is powerless to make a difference. Small acts, taken together across the country, can change the course of the pandemic, bolster those facing economic challenges, and protect the most vulnerable. View our blog post "5 Things You Can Do to Fight the Coronavirus (COVID-19) Crisis"